Dear Grace Family,
We look forward to the start of our new ministry year beginning this Sunday, October 3rd. We hope you will join us for our new adult, youth and children Sunday classes.
The schedule will be as follows:
9:00 AM Adult Christian Formation Hour - Book of Job (Upstairs Chapel)
- Job is a curious book. Labeled by some as poetry and labeled by others as horror, this book demands our attention. Job will not let us off the hook with easy answers and he often seems demanding of God that his questions get answered. In this year’s Christian Formation hour, we’ll dive into the text and learn to ask the hard questions with Job. Counselors will periodically aid us in some nuanced discussion around grief and trauma, and we’ll learn how the Bible teaches us to lament and even get a chance to write some of our own. It will be a holistic class that engages spirit, body, and mind.
9:00 AM Youth Community Group - Classroom #102 (Downstairs)
- Grace's Youth Community Group will be meeting in Room 102 during Christian Formation. Youth between the ages of 12 and 18 are invited to join us as we begin our Bible study on John's Gospel. The focus for this year is discipleship for pre-teens and teens not just in the basics of the Gospel, but in mentoring older teens as they pour into the Middle School aged youth. Youth will co-lead lessons, lead icebreakers, and guide small groups as we progress through the Fall, and plan out opportunities for outings and service opportunities. If you have any questions please email Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9:00 AM Grace Kids
- Nursery/Toddler Class (6 months through Age 3): Downstairs Room #117
- PreK - 2nd Grade: Downstairs Room #119
- 3rd-5th Grade: Downstairs Fellowship Hall Room #115
10:15 AM Worship (Note: New Time!)
- Nursery-Age 4: Downstairs Room #119
- Sermon Time (Age 4 - 2nd Grade): postponed, pending more volunteers.
NEW KidCheck Sign-In: We will be using the KidCheck program for all youth and children under the Age of 18. Please create a free account, from the comfort of your home; it’s simple and will only take a few minutes. Once you’ve created your account, you simply use your 10 digit phone number to check-in with us on Sunday mornings. Creating your account prior to Sunday will help us have a smoother transition. Sign Up Using Mobile App OR Sign Up Using Website. For any questions, please email Linn at email@example.com.
12:00 PM New Growth Groups (Upstairs Chapel)
- Immediately following the worship service, come to the Chapel for a short introduction to what Growth Groups are like and see if they might be a good fit for you. The groups will focus on a Rule of Life in order to grow with two others in desired areas (communion with God, emotional health, and service are just a few areas one group might decide to flourish in). If you have questions, please email Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also thrilled to announce the launch of our new website. It will go live Friday morning, October 1st. Thank you to Brad Skalstad for all of his help and hard work in creating it!