Dear Grace Family,
This past Sunday we looked at the stunning promises and assurances of God towards his people in Genesis 15. God's promises are more gracious than we can ever imagine and His assurances are grounded in God's very own self-sacrifice on our behalf. Listen here.
Morning & Evening Prayer is one helpful way to make the rich spiritual disciplines of prayer and reading Scripture a more regular part of our lives. For a brief description of these practices, go here.
New ministry year begins this Sunday, October 3
- New Schedule Starts this Sunday
Christian Formation Hour: 9:00 AM
- Who are we? We will be introducing the congregation to our updated Vision, Mission, & Values (and a completely new website).
- Get connected. In addition to participating in regular worship, we are encouraging everyone to participate in one of our Connect Groups,
which now include the all new Growth Groups.
- Christian Formation Hour (like Sunday school, but cooler). New learning opportunities for adults, children, and youth. Follow the links for a quick overview or a more in-depth description.
Sundays at Grace
- Christian Formation Hour is at 9:00 AM. We will hold in-person worship and livestream this week at 10:15 AM. Nursery age 6 months to 36 months is open this upcoming week with a limit of 6 children. Registration required for nursery.
- Grace Kids Registration/Survey: If you have an infant through 5th grader, please fill out this Grace Kids Registration/Survey as we prepare for the ministry year.
- Sunday Volunteers Needed!
- With the return to in-person worship, we need people willing to help with communion, ushering, check-in, reading Scripture, and sound crew.
Please contact Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- NEW Youth Central/Alpha: Grace’s Youth Community Group is doing the Alpha program starting this coming Monday, October 3rd from 6:00-7:45 PM at Trinity Lutheran Church. In partnership with Central Community Church, youth ranging from 6th to 12th grade will embark on a 10-week journey together to explore the basics of the faith and how to share Christ with their neighbors. Dinner is provided and youth will be masked when not eating dinner. Trinity Lutheran is just few blocks away from where we worship and is located at 1200 10th Ave. East, Seattle, WA 98102; drop off will be at the rear of the church where adults will be there to receive your pre-teen/teen. For any further questions, please email Pastor Jason at email@example.com.
- Community and Connect Group Leaders Training! If you are a connect/small group leader, host of a group, or are a member and considering becoming a leader or host, please mark your calendar for a weekend training-palooza October 1-2 (Friday night start 6:00 PM, Saturday morning start 8:30 AM. Meals provided along with important training topics on how to lead and host groups. We will meet at Epiphany Parish Church in Madrona: 1805 38th Avenue.
Please RSVP with Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Soul Care Seattle: Two 5-week Class Opportunities:
- First We Were Loved - Contemplative Prayer will start on Oct 5th on Tuesday mornings
- Growing In Prayer - Contemplative Prayer will start on Oct 12th on Tuesday evenings
- For more information and to register: Groups & Classes - Soul Care Seattle
- Listening Prayer:
- A Listening prayer group is a small group that meets monthly with the intention of building community around the word of God. During this time together we will listen to God’s word read out loud. We will have an opportunity for individual silence and reflection on the scripture, and then conclude our time together, sharing the gifts that God has given in our silence with him.
- If you’d like to join a listening prayer group, please contact Shelly Morse at email@example.com by September 26th. Group Listening Prayer will begin in October.
“By beginning with the revealed word of God, lectio divina (listening prayer) continues the conversation that God has begun. We first pay attention to his approach to us and focus on our receptivity. Scripture becomes a means for God to feed, heal, and love us. We open ourselves to God’s presence and respond with our hearts.” -Stephen J. Binz – Conversing with God in Scripture.
- GraceLife Distribution List: GraceLife (firstname.lastname@example.org) is an email group designed to foster spontaneous generosity and hospitality among anyone and everyone who regularly attends Grace. The distribution list allows anyone who signs up to send out an email to the larger group. It is designed to be used to let others know about a party you’d like to invite others to join, a game night you’d like to host, a request to borrow something, a post to give goods away, a need you’d like to ask for help from the larger group, etc. If you are interested in joining, please email Danielle at email@example.com.
- Women at Grace: Join a new Women's Bible Study starting October 5! Miriam Decker will lead people through Galatians and Ephesians every other Tuesday from 7:00-8:30 PM. For the time being, it will meet on Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and receive the question guide or for any questions about the study! Hope to see you there!
- Seward Park Walking Group - Starting October 14, every Thursday, regardless of weather, meet by the bathrooms at 10:00 AM (babies in strollers and leashed pets welcome.) Contact Linn at email@example.com if you would like to join.
- YCG Annual Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze Trip! Teens and chaperoning adults are welcome to join the YCG Team as we resume our annual trek up to Bob's Corn and Pumpkin Farm.
- When: Saturday, October 30th
- Time: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Meetup: SDA church parking lot.
- Event Location: Bob's Corn and Pumpkin Farm
- Price: $20 for activities and corn maze. Additional money needed for food. Your teen does not have to pay the admission fee to enter the farm; however, they would not be able to join us in the corn maze. If the maze fee is cost-prohibitive, please let us know and we can make arrangements.
- Fall Weekend Silent Retreat: Participants will meet one on one with our retreat leaders on Saturday and Sunday as a way to check in, see how the retreat is going, and to provide prayer materials for your retreat. There are trails nearby, amazing views of Puget Sound, warm fireplaces, and private bedroom/bathrooms for your privacy and relaxation.
- Register early as space is limited and will fill up!
- Cost: $250.00
- Scholarships are available
- Registration Deadline: November 1, 2021
- To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving the City
- Meal Delivery: We partner with local businesses by purchasing meals and delivering them to local shelters. We'll do this regularly this fall. Sign up to go to a business, pick up a meal, and deliver it to a shelter here.
- New Horizons Youth Shelter has an opportunity for meals to be prepared and delivered once or twice a month for the youth that utilize their services. Prepared meals would need to feed 40 youth (teenaged to young 20's) in family style containers. If you are interested in supporting this opportunity please reach out to email@example.com.
Blessings to you,
Weekly Calendar at a Glance
Tues 9/28, Betrayal Trauma Support Group - 6:30 PM
Wed 9/29, Recovery From Sexual Compulsivity Discussion Group - 7:00 PM
Fri 10/1, Friday Moms Group - 9:00 AM
Fri 10/1 New Website Launch
Fri & Sat, 10/1-10/2 Community Group Leadership Training
Sun 10/3, Ministry Year Begins - 9:00 AM (Christian Formation Hour), 10:15 AM (Worship)